Please call At Home In Darien at 203-655-2227 to make a transportation reservation, Monday – Friday between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM. Advance notice is preferred for all requests.
Please have the following information ready:
- Day and date you need the ride.
- Time of your appointment if you have one.
- Time you would like to be picked up.
- Exact address you are to be picked up from.
- Exact address of your destination.
- Whether you need the wheelchair accessible van, use a walker, or have any physical issues.
- Return trip information, if needed.
If you get our voicemail, please leave the same information listed above. We will call you back to confirm the ride.
If you cannot operate your own wheelchair, or get in and out of your home or the vehicle by yourself, you must have your own companion/caregiver for assistance. The companion/caregiver can be a non-Darien resident but must be picked up with you. There is no charge for the companion/caregiver.
If a senior needs transportation to other locations, at times outside of our service hours, or needs assistance at a medical appointment, a Friendly Volunteer Driver can be requested by calling At Home In Darien at 203-655-2227. Advance notice is required.